June 28, 2008

Bandaids

Are there any kids out there that don't love Band-aids?? Allie loves them! The other day I was blogging and Allie wandered over. She pointed to my elbow and said, "Owie mommy." I didn't think anything was there so I didn't think much of it. Later on I was wrestling with her on the ground. My elbow started to itch, so I asked Allie if I had an owie. I thought I could feel a mosquito bite and was wondering if it was red. She bent down to look at it and said with her furrowed brow (anyone who has seen Allie knows this look), "Dar it!" (darn it!) I guess I say this when she gets hurt? Then she jumped up and ran off. She stopped before she went around the corner and said, "A minute mom, a minute!" while holding up one finger. I followed her to see what she was doing. She ran down the hall saying, "A Ban-aid, a Ban-aid mom." I thought it was so cute of her to run and get a bandaid for her hurt mommy! I let her put it on me and then of course she had to have one too. She found a really big one and put it on her elbow, and then peeled it off and put it right on her bellybutton. She pulled it off and on several times and then ran off to do the next thing on her list. Before I had her I had no idea I could love her so much!!



Working hard to get that
Band-aid on just the right
spot.






Showing off her
"Ban-aid".

6 comments:

The Skousens said...

I was laughing at the "dar it!" Allie is too funny...isn't it funny how kids pick up on the things that adults say?! I swear, every kid loves bandaids...kids at the kids club I work at constantly ask for them even if they don't need them, lol!

Arnett's said...

She is so cute!! You are so busy, but you have to call me for a play date. Aiden needs to learn from her!

Lindsay said...

How sweet is that. Good thing you have Allie to take care of you. I hope Bekah will be that sweet and take care of me when I get hurt. :)

Nicole said...

I can't believe how big she is!! She's so adorable!

Sarah... said...

That is adorable! What a sweetheart. I know, isn't it just wonderful how much they mean to us? I had no idea either, until it happened. By the way, she looks so much like her mommy! Do you get that a lot? :)

Cami said...

She is too cute, and yes all kids LOVE bandaids! And oh my goodness...I can't get over how much she looks like you!