June 6, 2008

Nick's Scout Outing


I feel bad that our posts always seem to be about Allie and I! So this one is all about my amazing husband! He is in the Young Mens Presidency and over the Varsity scouts. Usually these are two separate callings, but in our ward they combine the two. Therefore, Nick gets to take the boys on one campout a month, go to mutual every Wednesday, participate in the usual Presidency stuff, and occasionally teach on Sundays. As you can see, it keeps him pretty busy. This month they went to one of Nick's favorite spots...Coon's Bluff! He loves to go rappelling there! They camped at Bull Dog Canyon and then rappelled at Coon's Bluff. He has taken the boys rappelling before and they have been begging him to take them again. This time all the boys went down! Whoo-hoo! Despite a little problem with the boys playing around on Nick's air mattress and Nick finding himself touching the ground while sleeping on it only about an hour into the night, he and the boys had a great time! Nick also just got asked to do rappelling for the 4th years at girls camp for our stake. It's at Camp Lomia and they invited me to go with him. I'm excited to go back to Lomia! I had a lot of fun years up there!

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Sounds like Nick is the perfect man for the calling! Matt got called just last week to be in young mens. I'm excited for you that you get to go to camp Lomia. Ahhh...the memories. :) What is your calling? I remember you saying something about wearing a boy scout shirt. PS: I'm glad I wasn't the only one who didn't recognize Jon and Nicole at first! And don't feel like your stalking when you look at my families blog. You're welcome anytime! :)

braxgibson said...

I'm so glad I found you. I have a blog, too, so you need to make me a link. It's braxgibson.blogspot.com We're having another kid in December. i know, crazy, what can you do? So, i REALLY want to get together with everyone. could we organize something? Let me know. rachellenoble@hotmail.com