June 28, 2008

Garden Open House

Our hospital just opened the private garden for our OB floor! We are so excited! It is beautiful with trees, plants, green grass (shh, it's fake, but it totally looks and feels real!), a waterfall coming out of a rock wall in the middle of the garden, benches, and a playground area for kids. Banner Gateway was built using evidence based practice, so everything they have done in building it has been proven by evidence to enhance healing. From the outside structure to the rooms inside, everything is focused on nature. Nature has been found to have a healing effect. This picture is a view of the hospital from the front. It was built to look like mountains or rocks with a waterfall running down the middle. (The blue color in the middle is windows.) Our new garden will allow our moms and families to get out of their hospital rooms and into nature, and provide a place where the new brothers and sisters can get out some energy! Allie and I went to the open house on Thursday and got to hang out with my mom and Rick for a little while! (Plug for Banner Gateway: I know I might be a little biased because I work there, but seriously, this hospital is amazing! Every room in the hospital, not just our floor, is a private room. They have room service for your food so you can order what you want and when you want instead of everyone getting the same meal tray, large flat screen TVs in every room, internet access in every room, movie packages for like $5 a day to watch however many movies you want (our dads like this one!), huge windows and a fold out couch in every room (for family obviously), each hospital bed mattress is filled with air and adjusts to your body when you move or turn over (our patients love this!), and the rooms are huge! I could go on and on, but I think you get the point...)


Grandma playing with
Allie in the play area.


Allie loved the waterfall
(on the left in the pic).
Rick picked her up and
let her splash the water
and she loved it!


She tried to crack the
combination to see
what was in the safe in
Grandma's office.



Allie's face sums up how
much she loves Rick!





He can always make Allie
laugh! He was making
his Vocera (kinda like a walkie-
talkie for all the employees)
make funny noises.


This is what happens after
spinning too much...


Allie is keeping her options
open. In case she decides to
not be a nurse, she could
always try her hand at being
a sumo-wrestler. She spreads
her legs wide and shakes her
hips while slowly lowering
to the ground. Goofball!


Allie loves washing her
hands with the hand gel on
the wall.

3 comments:

Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Skousens said...

Wow, that sounds like one nice hospital...maybe I need to reconsider where I'm delivering my baby, lol! Allie is such a cutie...I love her hair and her outfit in these pictures...looks like she had fun at the open house!!! (Sorry...the comment that was deleted below was mine, I realized after I posted it, that I was under my sister's account)

Sarah... said...

What a nut! Say hello to her cute Grandma for me :)