July 8, 2008

Infant Swimming Resource

Allie's last day of ISR for this year was last Saturday!! She's quite the swimmer at 20 months! Last year she was barely 6 months old so she just learned to float on her back, but this year she actually learned to swim. She got it down in only 4 weeks, which I was grateful because you pay by the week. This year she learned the swim-float-swim sequence. She only cried the first two days and then after that she was fine! Allie's instructor, Kristi, has worked with my mom for several years, so I was always very comfortable having Allie swim with her...even when she didn't come above water as fast as I would have liked. One day during the last week she had to swim wearing winter clothes, tenni-shoes, and a regular diaper. She did so well!




Allie's 1st day!










Kristi has candy for
the kids to pick from
after they swim.
I think this was Allie's
favorite part.







She floats...







then rolls over...







and swims to the
step!

















Allie's ready to swim! This was the day she swam
in clothes.


Allie and her instructor,
Kristi, on Allie's last day!






Don't pay attention to me talking. This was Allie's

last week of swimming.

This one is kinda boring, but it shows that she

can float for as long as she needs to, even with

clothes on.

She took off her sweatshirt and shirt because she

was doing fine with them on. She put the wet shirt

over her face to see if she could pull something off

of her face while still floating.

2 comments:

The Skousens said...

I've heard of ISR...it's amazing that Allie's able to do that at such a young age! I'm sure that it's comforting to know that she would know what to do if she accidently fell in the pool!

Jessica said...

That is AMAZING! I def. want to have my kids learn this when I have them. It is crazy what they can teach a little one to do.