June 24, 2008

A Triple Happy Birthday!

June 24th is a popular day for birthdays! My cousin Caitlin turned 15 today, my friend Melanie turned 23 today, and my friend Jaime turned 22 today! Happy Birthday girls! Yesterday we celebrated Caitlin's birthday at her grandpa's house. We had fun cooling off in the water and eating way yummy gluten-free cakes. I'm telling you, we are perfecting those gluten-free recipes! My aunt Wendy made a gluten-free Texas sheet cake with marshmallows and chocolate fudge on top and my grandma made a gluten-free chocolate pudding/whipped cream cake with a nutty crust. Both so good! Even the family members without celiac disease liked it! Allie loved splashing everyone in the pool and got to show off what she has learned so far in her ISR swimming lessons. She was playing with rings in the pool and they fell onto the step that was too low for her to bend and pick them up, so she started picking them up with her feet and bringing them to her hands. It was so cute to watch! Poor Nick was working hard at work and didn't get to come. But we missed him and I appreciate what a hard worker he is!


She loves
the water!





Picking up rings
with her feet!








Lynsey and Grandpa









I love this pic of Josh and
Grandpa laughing.






The birthday girl!
The big 1-5!




Love that
breadcake!

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Your grandpa is so cute! I saw him at the temple when Matt and I were in AZ this past weekend and your grandpa rememberred who I was! I couldn't believe it, it made me feel so special.