June 28, 2008

Zazoo's Garden

My inlaws planted a garden in their yard and it is absolutely thriving! Nick and I have toyed with the idea of square foot gardening and have decided to do it. Hopefully it will be done in the next couple of weeks and I will be sure to post pictures! Anyways, I couldn't believe how much Allie loved playing in grandma's garden! Her and Emma had a fun time finding and then picking the ripe veggies...and some that weren't quite ripe, too. FYI: My nephew Jayden couldn't say Susan, my mother-in-laws name, so he called her Grandma Zazoo. The rest of the grandkids have picked up on this and she is now known as Zazoo. Allie loves playing with her and Papa. Last Wednesday Allie and I went over because we haven't seen the family in a few weeks. Allie got to play with her cousin Emma. She has really been missing her! When we were walking inside Emma said, "Allie, hold hand?" So Allie gave Emma her hand and said, "Yes, hand." and they walked inside holding hands. So cute! I wish I could have had my camera out! Allie is lucky to have her cousins so close!


Grandma taught Allie
how to pull out the
carrots.



Allie picked some carrots
and Emma picked a
tomato!




Aunt Kristi was showing
the girls how to find and
pick the red tomatoes
and not the green ones.
Emma and Allie look
anxious to find them.





Allie found some!







And Emma found some
bell peppers!

No comments: