June 19, 2008

Paper = Markers = Paper?

When it comes to coloring...Allie and I do not communicate well apparently. I have tried to be really good about explaining what things are to her. For example, when she colors I tell her that she is coloring on paper with markers, crayons, etc. So, when she decides to color on herself, the TV, couch, entertainment center, our pillows...I tell her, "Allie, we don't color on that. What do we color on?" To which she always replies, "Paper!" And then I say, "That's right Allie we color on paper." Well, the other day I think I figured out she thinks markers are paper. I was in the computer room and Allie, I thought, was watching Winnie the Pooh. Unfortunately, she was actually coloring...everywhere but on paper. Luckily they are washable markers and it all came off, sort of, but where does she find these markers?! I hide them and she always finds them! Anyways, I asked her what we color on and she held up the marker and said, "Paper!" We need to work on this I guess. If you click on the pictures you can see her body artwork.



1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Come on, that is beautiful body art. :) I have to admit I am not thrilled for the days that Bekah will start to do that. But at the same time you can't help but laugh a little.