July 8, 2008

The 4th of July

We dropped Allie off at my mom's house early in the morning and drove to Camp LoMia to take the 4th year girls rappelling. It was beautiful up north! It rained on us a couple of times while we were rappelling, but it was a cool rain so it felt really good. On the way home it poured and hailed a ton! Nick at one point said, "Hold tight little windsheild!" We then had a BBQ with my family at my uncle's house in Queen Creek and all the kids played outside. It is fun seeing Allie run around with my cousins. I guess that would make them her first cousins once removed...or something like that. Later, almost all of us came back to our house to watch fireworks. Allie calls them "Farurks" and kept saying "Boom! Boom farurks!" days later.







Nick loves taking
people rappelling,
especially when it's
their first time.
He also loves his
Wranglers and hat.






The kids had fun
jumping and playing
basketball. At one
point the basket
fell over and hit Allie
square on the head,
sad, but I laughed.



Allie always has
fun playing with
Samantha.















We sang "Happy
Birthday" to
Sabrina, too!
She turned 8!!





Some watched
fireworks standing...







others watched
them from the
rooftop.




Allie even got brave
enough to watch them
from a chair...until I
crouched down to her
level and realized she
couldn't see them over
the fence from this
height.


You gotta love Chris'
patriot hat in the
background. He got
it from New York one
year and faithfully
wears it every 4th of
July, haha.

2 comments:

The Skousens said...

Looks like you had a fun 4th of July!! Seriously, whenever I see a post about you and Nick going reppelling, I'm reminded of my first and only experience reppelling we went on before you're wedding, lol!

Natalie said...

First of all you an excellent blogger! You always have something new going on. Second of all, Allie is so cute. I love the sunglasses on her head and the trying to be like daddy with a hurt back.