July 8, 2008

2 words...Edward Cullen

It's official...I'm in love. Of course I've been in love with Nick for several years...but my new found love is Edward Cullen. Nick gives me a hard time, but he knows that a real person beats a fictional character any day. For those of you who don't know Edward Cullen, my advice to you is...get to know Edward! A couple of people had told me to read the Twilight series books, but I said I didn't want to be one of those who jumps on the bandwagon to read a book just because everyone else is reading it. But last Wednesday one of my nursing girls gave me the first book. Her and another one of my friends were so excited talking about it and I told her I didn't want to burst their bubbles when I couldn't get into it. I like to read, but it has to be a really really good book that gets me hooked right away. Well...I read the first book, Twilight, by Friday. (I can't read in the car because I get really really car sick, I've always been that way. However, for the first time ever, I read while Nick drove to and from Camp LoMia because it was such a good book! I kept having to stop, lay my seat back, and take deep breaths because I was so sick, but I couldn't stop reading! I was sick for a couple days after, but it was worth it!) Then I called my friend and begged her to let me borrow books two and three. So I read book two, New Moon, on Saturday, all 563 pages, and book three, Eclipse, by Sunday night, all 629 pages. I'm telling you...I couldn't put them down! I read way into the night and Allie was happy because I let her watch more movies then usual. The author, Stephanie Meyer, has a gift. I was so impressed at how well she wrote. It held my attention the whole time! She is such a clean writer and it wasn't at all like I thought it would be. No horror, no love scenes, or anything questionable. I am soooo excited for book four, Breaking Dawn, to come out August 2nd and the movie to come out December 12th! I keep watching the teezer trailer online. And I know not everyone agrees, but I think Robert Pattinson is gorgeous in this movie. I think he will do an amazing job as Edward. You can go to http://twilightthemovie.com/ to see the teezer trailer and see for yourself how gorgeous he is. Click on video gallery and then click on the bottom left picture of Bella and Edward. No worries, it looks like it might be scary, but it's really only suspenseful. I'm not into scary movies these days. On Monday I was actually kind of down because I didn't know what to do with myself. I had just spent the last 4 days reading non stop and then it was over! I became obsessed with Edward and Bella in a matter of 4 days. I'm tempted to start reading book three again...truly I'm obsessed!

8 comments:

Melissa said...

I just watched allie's swimming videos, and she is so cute! I can't believe that she does so well.

The Skousens said...

My sisters are all hooked...they keep telling me to hurry and read them before the movie comes out, maybe I will start them soon!!!

Natalie said...

AAAAHHHHH!! I LOVE the Twighlight series!! I just finished reading them for the third time (I have never read a book more than once before). I can't wait for the fourth book either. I really could go on and on about them, but I will refrain so that I look a little less pathetic than I already do.

The Riding Family said...

Wow! 3 books in just a couple days...I'm impressed. I read the series a year or so ago, but I need to reread them so I remember everything.

Kimball~n~Brenda Palmer said...

Welcome to the club, girl! I am seriously in love myself...Jonny says I'm pothetic, but I just keep telling him he would be in love too if he would ONLY READ the books! :P I read them all in four days and then hit an all time low for a while. Anyway, you should read The Host now! She does an amazing job with that book also...of course, it's not NEARLY as good as the story of Edward and Bella, but it will help you move on until Aug. rolls around...HaHa! Take care, girl!

Kimball~n~Brenda Palmer said...

By the way...this is Sarah Payne (Palmer)!! Not my mom and dad... sorry about that! I'm using their computer at the moment.

Kimball~n~Brenda Palmer said...

*pathetic is what I meant! Geese...

Cami said...

I feel your pain! I finished reading the books in MARCH!!!! I have been losing my mind as I wait patiently for the last book to come out...and I can't wait for the movie. I told my husband he is not aloud to go see the movie with me. I will take my sister! the last thing i need is someone snickering the whole time and telling me how pathetic I am : )