May 21, 2008

Flashback #7 Our Backyard!!

Our backyard is 90% finished! We were lucky and got a good tax return this year so we did it! Thanks to my brother-in-law, Jeff, it went really fast. He is in the landscaping business and brought some really helpful tools. Thanks also to Kim, Sue, Kelly, my mom, and of course Nick. Nick did the sprinkler system a couple weeks before, and the curbing company came the day before. The day we put it all in everyone helped plant bushes and trees, lay sod, and shovel gravel. I am so happy it's done! We left a big space in the left corner for a garden which will hopefully be done next year. It is nice to have Allie and Kasey (our dog) running around in grass instead of dirt.


Nick and the Ditch Witch
hard at work.





Allie is always a big
helper.





We have 4 of each
of these plants. 2 on
each side of the yard.






There's an orange tree,
lemon tree, and grapefruit
tree along the back fence.






My nephew Jayden helped
Nick roll out the sod.




3 comments:

Melissa said...

Wowsers! That's a lot of updates! That is what we are trying to do this weekend...our backyard! YOur yard looks awesome. How'd your semester go? My posts always jumble when I actually post them as Your family is so cute-I hope you're doing well!

Natalie said...

The backyard looks awesome. I bet it feels great to have it done.

The Riding Family said...

Yeah for grass! Mindy, the backyard looks great. Tell Nick he did a great job.