May 21, 2008

Flashback #5 Great-Grandpa's Birthday

My cute great-grandpa turned 95 on April Fool's Day this year! I am so greatful to have him with us still. He is such a fun grandpa. He used to live in Strawberry, Arizona, so when we were little he was Grandpa Strawberry to us. The name kinda stuck even after he moved here. He goes walking in the morning with my grandpa (who lives next door to him), does yard work, and actually is in pretty good shape. He used to make picnic tables and rocking chairs and we were lucky enough to get one of each for Allie. I also have a rocking chair and table from him that I got when I was little. I have such fun memories of him playing baseball with us, pushing us on the tire swing in Strawberry, four wheeling in his jeep, nature walks where he taught to smell the pine trees and determine whether they were Chocolate, Vanilla, or Strawberry scented, building snowmen, feeding the squirrels, and so many more! I am so grateful for all he has taught us and that Allie is lucky enough to have a Great-great grandpa here with us that loves her so much. (She is one of I think 8 of his grea-greatgrandkids.)

Here are the chair and table he built.
Allie was lucky he had extras for her!


















This is his birthday party last year. He
is quite the harmonica player.









This is the most recent 5 generation pic we have.
It's back from Allie's blessing day, so apparently
it's time for a new one! He is the grandpa
on the right. Grandpa Davis (his son) is on the left.
Allie is so lucky to have so many grandpas!










(Haha, I hope my mom doesn't get too mad about
this picture. She looks TOTALLY different now.)

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Your great grandpa is so cute. I remember going over to his house once with you. I think we were in junior high. He was so fun. I hope he has many more birthdays!