December 26, 2008

Ugly Sweater Christmas Party!

My friends and I had an Ugly Sweater Christmas party. There were some pretty ugly sweaters. I got mine at Ross and it was like a half sweater. It was like they got bored making it and just stopped. We all agreed it would have been even better had I not worn anything under it, but no one wants to see that. It would have turned into a white trash ugly sweater party. We had it at Jaime's house and she of course went all out. She made a really yummy gluten-free potato soup and really pretty cranberry punch. She also had hot chocolate complete with whipped cream, marshmellows, and chocolate sprinkles. Allie loved it! We did a cookie exchange and my friends were nice enough to make sure all the goodies were gluten-free. Thanks ladies! You don't know how much it means to me! We also watch Elf. Will Ferrell cracks me up! We drew names so it was fun seeing what everyone got for their secret santa. Ok, it wasn't really secret, but that's what we called it. Jaime's mom is like our "Nursing School Mom" so we had to get her something. We got her a wine glass and had "Cocktail Queen" engraved on it, along with "Love, your nursing chicks" since she has been called our mother hen. Jaime made this gorgeous scrapbook shadow box of Allie looking at pumpkins for me. I love it! You are so talented Jaime! It says, "The Best Pick in the Patch". Allie is definitely our best pick in the patch.


Jaime's yummy
cranberry punch
she threw together.




Our spread.




Allie's ugly sweater
purchased from
Goodwill for only
$0.99. I guess it
would have been
cute in the early
90's with matching
green sweatpants.









My friends are always
spoiling Allie. She's
so lucky to have them.
They got her this
princess table and chairs
for Christmas. She loves
them! She likes to color,
eat, and have tea parties
at it.




















We love you
Craig!





These next pictures are the ones Allie took. She figured out how to push the button. They cracked us up because apparently this is Allie's and most little kids view of the world. They see a lot of bums I guess.














































This one was our
very favorite. How
often do we bend
down to talk to
little kids and give
them cheesy smiles?
Is this what we look
like to them??

1 comment:

The Skousens said...

What a fun little party you had...I love that you even got Allie an ugly sweater! Your friends are so good to Allie...you girls look like you always have such a good time!!!