December 26, 2008

Thanksgiving

I'm sad to say I forgot my camera on Thanksgiving, but maybe I can get some from my brother and post them later. We had a really good Thanksgiving. We truely have so much to be thankful for. I was supposed to work 7p-7a the night before so I thought I was going to be totally exhausted Thanksgiving day, but I went to work and it was super slow so they let me go home. We woke up and watched the Macy's parade (it just wouldn't be Thanksgiving without it!) and then my cousin Erin came over to help me make the gluten-free greenbean casserole. We had to use a different cream of mushroom soup and since the fried onions you usually put on top are covered in wheat we had to fry our own onions. It turned out so good, but we smelled like fried oil! We ate dinner at my grandma's house with all the aunts, uncles, and cousins. After being there a few hours we went to the Powell's for dinner #2. We enjoyed being with all of Nick's brothers and sisters and Allie liked playing with her cousins. They had a bonfire in their backyard for some, while others watched a movie or played a game. It was a fun day to be with family. Nick and I have been so blessed this year. He has a stable job that is still getting him at least 40 hours a week, I have a really flexible job that brings in a little extra money each month, we have our sweet Allie Mae, we are happy and healthy, we have a beautiful home, a reliable car, I am almost done with nursing school with no student loans, we have no credit card debt or other debt besides our home and car, we have strong testimonies of the gospel, we have a love for our Savior and Heavenly Father, we have an amazing ward family, and we have loving families who support us and love us back. There are many more things we are thankful for but these are the few that come to mind right away. We look forward to the year ahead and pray we are prepared for any challenges it might bring. Darn economy!

1 comment:

The Skousens said...

That's so nice that you live close to both of your families! Sounds like you had a very nice Thanksgiving...I'm bad at taking pictures wherever I go too...but maybe with your amazing camera that will change!!!