December 26, 2008

Gingerbread Houses

We had our annual gingerbread house making again this year. We went over to my mom's and watched the First Presidency Devotional with all the family and then made our houses. We are so blessed to be able to turn on the TV and hear a specially prepared message from our sweet First Presidency. I loved watching it every year. The Christmas stories are so inspiring and really fill me with the Christmas spirit. I am so grateful for these three men and all the love and sacrifice they put into our church. Allie had fun making the gingerbread house. She also liked eating the candy before we could get it on the house. A couple of weeks after building it I found her on the counter at home with both hands on each side of the house and she was licking the sprinkles off the top of the house. Goofball. I thought our house was pretty cute until I saw some of your houses!! Like, hmm... Lindsay for example!! Holy cow your gingerbread Mesa Temple blew ours out of the water! I'm impressed! I should have taken a picture of all of the houses because they were all so unique and turne out so cute. Oh well. Maybe next year.



Nick put the walls
up while Allie
made sure the candy
wasn't poisonous.


The families hard
at work building.

Now looking at it
I see it needs a lot
more candy and
frosting...but Allie
liked it and that's
all that mattered
to us.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

That looks great! We also made gingerbread houses. We made the AZ Temple. It took way too long to build.

The Skousens said...

What a fun family tradition! Your gingerbread house turned out cute!