September 13, 2008

We Are Alive!

It has been forever since I posted last...but we are alive! We have been super busy though! Last weekend our whole Primary Presidency was released so I am currently callingless...is that even a word? I absolutely loved my time serving in the Primary, but the new Presidency called are fabulous women and will do an amazing job. This will free up a lot of my time so hopefully I will use it wisely. I have only been to Relief Society twice since Nick and I have been married, and before that it was the Relief Society in my singles ward at BYU, so I'm actually a little excited to go tomorrow! I have been in Primary ever since we got married so it will be a change to actually go to Sunday school with Nick and then to Relief Society. The next couple of posts will tell you some other things we have been up to, but here are a few random things! Today I went to a baby shower for one of my good friends, Joy. It was so good to see her! It was also fun to sit and talk with other girls that I haven't seen in months! Why on earth do we let it go that long without seeing each other?! Natalie and Nicole...we are counting down until Thanksgiving when we get to see you girls! Stacey and Rachael, are you coming? Please can we plan an all out girls day for when everyone is in town?! I miss how easy it used to be to get together! Anyways, here's what we've been up to...(warning: there are A LOT of pictures)

Allie had twins!
I wrap up her Starbucks
bears up and then
she carries them
around. She has them
take naps, drink out of
sippys, talks to them,
etc.

Allie put on mascara
and got sad when
Mommy took a
picture.





We made invites
for my soon-to-be
sister-in-law's
bridal shower.




Allie ran to the
pool with her
cousins!





Allie let Emma
check it out
before she got
too close.






She ate otter-pops
with cousin Shayla.





Allie fell asleep many
times with Daddy on
the couch.




She splished and
splashed in her
froggy pool.






























We celebrated August
birthdays! Left to
right:Eric, Lynsey,
Erin, Cami, and
Grandma!



We ate delicious
gluten-free desserts
and desserts with
gluten at the
August birthdays!




Allie brushed her
teeth hippie style!






Nick put up the fan
for the patio we
bought when we
moved in.





And Allie helped!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Congrats on being the grandparent of twins! :) Looks like you have been busy. Tell Allie I need her to show me how to do my make up. Appaently, I'm not with the new style. :) I'm looking forward to seeing you at Thanksgiving!

Nicole said...

You have been busy! Allie is getting so big!

The Skousens said...

I loved all of your posts!!! Looks like you've been keeping yourself busy (however, I'm sure it'll be nice to feel like you have a little more time on your hands since you're now 'callingless')! And I love the picture of Allie and Nick sleepig together...too cute!