September 13, 2008

Allie Has a Big Girl Bed!

Allie figured out how to jump out of her crib, so we traded it in for a big girl bed! We are all still adjusting though. She did so well at falling asleep in her crib until she starting crawling out. Now it is really hard to get her to stay in her bed and fall asleep. After one night of her jumping out before I could even walk out of her room (like 20 times!) I thought we'd better trade it in before she broke her neck! Any suggestions at keeping her in bed?? I can't belive how big she is getting! She will be 2 next month! Where did the time go?!





BEFORE:








AFTER:











Oh my goodness
I love this little
girl!!


This is the cake I
am going to attempt
to make for her
birthday. I planned
ahead this year and
bought the pan well
in advance. We will
not have a repeat of
last years cake pan
not arriving in time!
She loves Cinderella,
but Ariel is also one
of her favorites. So
I splurged and bought
this cake pan too!
Maybe this one can be
for next year!

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Allie is precious. She has gotten so big. I can't believe she is already two. She really is adorable, Mindy. You have done an awesome job with her.

Natalie said...

You are such a good mom! I don't know if i would be brave enough to try and decorate cool cakes like that. I know you will do great and allie will love it. Good luck with the big girl bed. I wish I had some suggestions. (I heard one the other day where the mom would put a wooden spoon on the dresser and whenever her boys got out of bed she would spank them with it...it didn't work)!

The Skousens said...

What a big girl Allie is! She looks so proud of her big girl bed! I still can't believe that she's almost 2!