September 13, 2008

I'm Back in School!

School started again! (Here's the "first-day-back-to-school picture you wanted Mom!) I can't believe I am already through the first 3 weeks of my third semester of Nursing School. So far so good! I am really enjoying this semester so far. Fingers are crossed that I will continue to love it. I have the best group of girls. We, unlike a lot of people in our class, just roll with the punches and don't stress the little things. We know when to take things seriously and when to not stress out and laugh. And you know what? It is working fabulously! We are doing really well in our classes and loving our time in nursing school. Some days we are sad it is going by so fast! I'm doing my clinicals at Banner Baywood on the medical/surgical floor for the first half of the semester and am reminded why I don't want to work med/surg. Thankgoodness there are people out there that want to do it, because we definitely need them, but I am so not one of them. It is Labor and Delivery all the way for me. I have been in L&D department almost 4 years now and I absolutely love it! My externship at Banner Gateway is going really well. I am learning a lot and have to fight off tears everytime one of my patients has a baby. So cheesy I know, but until you are in a room where new life is brought into the world you have no idea the emotions that go into it. I feel so blessed to be a part of it all. I will graduate in May of 2009, so I keep telling myself that I have less than a year left of school before I will have my RN. Woo-hoo!! I am so grateful to my aunt Emily, my grandma, and my amazing sister-in-law Kristi for watching Allie. It is hard enough to leave her, but it makes me feel better knowing she is playing with cousins and being spoiled by grandparents. Thank you so much ladies! I owe you big time!


I love these girls!
I keep saying we have
way too much fun to
be nursing students.


As you can see it was
a little windy this day.
But never fear, Sharla
is a master at ratting
her hair and spraying it
stiff. The wind blew it
up and then it would fall
back perfectly untouched.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

Yeah! You are almost there. Keep going. Happy Birthday! I am sorry I missed it. You are a youngin'. I can't believe I will be 24 this year.

Natalie said...

Congratulations on another semester. You are going to be an awesome lanor and delivery nurse. I remember when I was having contractions early with Blake and you called me to see how I was. you made me feel so much better, by just talking with you over the phone. So I can just imagine how comforting you will be to moms going through labor with you right there!

The Skousens said...

Look how cute you look!!! I'm so excited for you...you're getting closer and closer to being done! I actually thought of you when I was in the hospital and when the labor & delivery nurses were helping me (I kept thinking, "This is going to be Mindy in a little while")!