September 13, 2008

I had a Birthday!

I turned the big 2-3 on the 5th of this month! It was an all out birthday weekend. Friday was my actual birthday and my amazing husband treated me to a breakfast in bed of gluten-free waffles, eggs, bacon, lil' smokies, and of course, my favorite, a cold glass of milk. Nice job honey! He also gave me a Sarah McLauchlin CD I've been wanting and $$ for clothes. He could not have done a better job this year! I love you Nick!! My nursing girls treated me and Shaela (who had a birthday the week before) to Applebee's and then we went back to Jaime's for a party. Allie absolutely loved the princess theme. All the party favors had princesses on them! Can I just say that I love the fact that I am married with a child and going to college, and that we can still have parties where we wear crowns, watch Enchanted, and eat cake with pink frosting and sprinkles. Please tell me I will never be too old for these things. I felt like I was in junior high again at a birthday laughing with my friends and trying on my birthday outfits! They gave me some really cute clothes! Why has it taken me this long to figure out that it's ok to dress girly...and that it can be fun?! I know this sounds ridiculous to a lot of you, but those who have known me for a long time can atest to the jean and T-shirt phase that I have been in for...my whole life! Saturday we had a birthday BBQ at my in-laws and played wiffleball in the backyard. We always have a fun time when we're all together! Also, my sister-in-law Kristi announced she is pregnant!! This will be their third and we are really excited for them! Congrats Kristi and Tyler! Congrats to the big sisters Emma and Hailey, too! Sunday we celebrated with my family. My mom bought my sinfully delicious birthday cake at the Cheesecake Factory. They have a Godiva gluten free cheesecake and it is to die for! How on earth is it gluten-free and amazingly good?! (Even the family who don't have to eat gluten-free agreed it was to die for. That is how you really know it's good.) It is the richest cheesecake I have ever had and therefore impossible to eat a slice in one sitting. Thanks Mom for the perfect cake and shopping $$!

Allie got lots
of love from
Grandma and
Rick.




I love it when
all the family
gets together!
Here's just a
small group
of them.

I'm sure poor
Snowball hates
it when we all
get together.
She is so good with
the kids, so she is
always surrounded
by them.

I'm telling you this
cheesecake is heaven
sent! We all looked
like we were in
diabetic comas after
eating it though.


My cute friend
Jess made this
way good gluten-
free cake and it
was inhaled.
Thanks Jess!

Anytime Cami walked
away Allie would yell
for her to come back
and sit by her. They
are so fun to watch!
All tuckered out
after entertaining
so many people!

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so sorry. These past two weekds I've been thinking I need to call you or at least email you to wish you a happy birthday. Man! I bombed that one. It sounds like you had a good time.

The Skousens said...

Happy Birthday Mindy...looks like you had a fabulous day!!! It's funny that you say that, because the other day I was looking at your blog and I was thinking of how you're a girly girl now and how you always claimed that you never would be...I want to see the cute outfits you got! That cheesecake does look heavenly!!!

Melissa said...

wowsers, what a post! I loved talking with you at the shower...it looks like you have been busy!