December 31, 2009

Thanksgiving

037

This Thanksgiving we had a lot to be grateful for.  We, unlike a lot of unfortunate people out there, are able to pay our bills, live in a home, have two vehicles, have two beautiful and healthy girls, we both have jobs, and we both have very loving and supporting families.   We are grateful for our testimonies and for the many blessings we have witnessed this past year.  We are also very grateful for the knowledge we have of our Savior and his plan for us. 

The day before Thanksgiving Allie, Brookie, and I baked pies with Jaime and Craig.  Thanks for the baking fun ladies!!  I had never made a pie before and actually had a lot of fun making them. 

007 008 015

We made a pumpkin, pecan, and apple blackberry pies for each of us.  I made the pumpkin and apple blackberry pies gluten free for our family.  I guess I didn’t get a picture of the pecan pie.

016022

024 025

Allie loves Craig!  And Craig is so sweet with Allie!  These two have tea parties together, watch Shrek together, and all sorts of other things.  Do you see Allie’s face in that second one?  What could she be telling Craig so seriously?  Look at that finger! 

018021

 

Thanksgiving day we ate at my grandma’s house with all the family and then ate again with Nick’s family in the evening.   What could be better than good company and good food?  Oh my goodness I’m salivating just thinking about the spread we had…times two!

These two could be twins!  Some people will comment, when I’m holding Brooklynn, that she looks like me.  Then Allie will walk up and they say, “Holy cow!  Never mind, she (meaning Allie) looks exactly like you!  Brooklynn must look like Daddy.”  As you can clearly see…yes, she looks just like Daddy.

042 044

Thanksgiving night I participated in the midnight Black Friday madness at Superstition Springs mall.  I was not prepared for the chaos!  Sara invited me to go with her and her sister.  Thankgoodness I did not try to fight the crowds alone.  Sara and her sister are pros when it comes to Black Friday!  We all got the free $50 gift card for spending $100.  There were only 400 available and seriously…thousands of people fighting for them.  Thanks Sara and Marie!!  My cousin, Lynsey, and her friend came with us also.  When the doors opened and people started running I laughed and told them to remember it wasn’t worth losing an eye or being trampled.  Lynsey’s friend replied with, “My mom said to watch out for the old ladies.”  Apparently they have pointy elbows and aren’t afraid to use them :)

049 052 053

Exhibit A: Waiting in line before the mad rush  Exhibit B: Waving our receipts in the air toward the mall employee handing out the vouchers for the free gift card  Exhibit C: I got a golden ticket!  (Sing the tune from Willy Wonka)  Don’t be afraid of my excited face.  It was $50 free dollars!  And no, that tendon you see bulging from my neck did not burst.  (If you click on the picture you will see how close it was though)

It was a good Thanksgiving!!

No comments: