December 31, 2009

Family Time!

The weekend after Thanksgiving I had the opportunity to visit with family I hadn’t seen in years. 

My…let’s see what are we again…second cousins I think…my mom’s cousin’s kids…anyways…Sara and Cami were down from Utah for Thanksgiving and we were able to catch up!  When we were little Erin, Brittany, and I loved when Sara and Cami visited from Arkansas.  It was fun to see them again and watch our kids play together.  I hope we don’t go another 5 years ladies!! 

093

(Photo courtesy of Allie)

Cami, Me, and Sara.  Are these girls not gorgeous?!

 

094

Allie, Sara’s little boy Drew, and Cami’s little girl MaeLee.   We missed a picture with Livi, one of Sara’s little girls!  She was getting washed up in the tub :)

097 

Natalie, Sara’s other little girl, and Brooklynn.  Not the best pic, but at least you can see both of their faces :)  I think Natalie was excited and curious to see someone smaller than her!

That weekend I was also able to go the homecoming…wait, we don’t call it that anymore do we…to listen to my cousin speak for the first time after his mission…one of my cousins on the Armstrong side.  We don’t do a lot…ok, we don’t do anything with that side of the family ever.  This family is really the only Armstrong family we enjoy seeing.  Was that too harsh?  Do I sound bitter?  I might be a little bitter…but that’s a whole other L-O-N-G story.  So let’s not go there…did I just go there?…let’s move on. 

My little family and Chris got to hear my cousin Justin speak.  Thanks for calling and telling us about it Ben!  It was good to see you guys! 

099

Me and Brooklynn, Alllie, Chris, Justin, and Ben.  Thanks for taking the picture Nick and for being so supportive!

2 comments:

Sarah... said...

Mindy, it was SO good to see you again. Thanks for taking the time to come all the way out to visit before we left! I'm sorry it turned into chaos :( I hope that NEXT time we'll get to actually visit while the kid'Os PLAY... rather then do other things :) You are beautiful and so is your family. Keep in touch!

(Love your blog. I enjoy catching up!)

The Riding Family said...

New post, please??