December 31, 2009

I’m a lousy shot…

016

 

It’s sad, but true.  I will pray that I won’t ever have to protect myself or someone I love with a gun.  I’m being generous by saying I’m lousy.  To put it blunt…I suck.  I’m horrible.  I can’t hit a target to save my life. 

We went shooting the Saturday after Thanksgiving.  When Erin called us the night before to go I was pretty reluctant.  Growing up I was not allowed to play with toy guns even.  They weren’t allowed in the house, and I remember if one of my friends had one at their house I would tell them not to tell my mom I was holding it!  The only thing I could think of when I thought of going shooting with the family was Allie getting shot in the back of the head.  Morbid…yes.  Some might even suggest that I need counseling.  But, I knew Nick would have a good time so I mustered up some courage and decided to go.  We all actually had a really fun time.  It was pretty windy and a little chilly, but we had fun.

Thanks Kent, Steven, and Nick for your expertise!

024052053

Thanks go out to Auntie Joy for protecting Brookie’s ears, Uncle Kent for protecting Allie’s ears, and mom for protecting my ears :)

057045023

Watch out Mom!  Chris has you surrounded!  Ok, it was lame, but isn’t that what this picture set up looks like?

067050085

You see that first one?  Even with two hands I can’t hit anything!  But that third picture…I’m shooting a…oh heck, I’m not going to even pretend I know what it was so I’m going to call it a big gun, I was finally able to hit the targets with that one.

037077

Uncle Kent was very patient in teaching us how to shoot, gun safety, and walking Allie up to see look at the targets.

028

Nick’s gun was perfect for Allie and I to shoot with.  Allie could pull the trigger over and over without having to reload or anything.  She was cracking us up because sometimes you would look over at her and she would be looking all around while her finger was quickly pulling the trigger.  Good thing Daddy was aiming!  Nick was also very patient with Allie and I :)

009  072

Somehow Grammy Jean was able to get Brookie warm and snuggled enough to go to sleep despite the wind and noise of the guns.

011            068

No comments: