December 31, 2009

The days leading up to Christmas…

The month of December was a busy one…like I’m sure it was for most everyone!  We had family get togethers, parties, decorating, and watched some of Brookie’s firsts! 

Decorating the house!

017 020 006

061 067076

082 087

I love this first one!  All three of them are making a goofy face!

Letters to Santa!

088 089

These are Allie’s letters to Santa this year.  Not really sure where she came up with putting letters in front of words, but it’s cute regardless.  Don’t worry, we didn’t know what an AOS reindeer was either…or an OOASY baby.  (If you click on the pictures you can read the letters.)  The first one we wrote at home and the second one she wrote while at Mary’s house (the sweet lady who watches my girls while Nick and I are working.)

Holiday Traditions!

090

Allie made this graham cracker house while at her Powell grandkids Christmas party.  She was very proud!

092

Allie got to go with Grammy Jean on their first movie night.  Grammy Jean took her to see The Princess and the Frog.  Allie loved it!  But I think she loved being with Grammy Jean, riding in her car, and listening to the Shamu soundtrack more :) !

I didn’t take a lot of pictures of the traditions this year!  We got together as a Davis family and watched the First Presidency Christmas message and frosted sugar cookies to eat…I mean to make plates to deliver to friends and neighbors. 

Tumbleweed 2009 004 Tumbleweed 2009 009 Tumbleweed 2009 024 Tumbleweed 2009 027

I sadly had to miss the annual playing Hide-and-Seek at the Tumbleweed Christmas tree.  I have been going every year since I was like 3.  It all started when my mom was single and trying to think of inexpensive ways to have fun with two little kids.  What a smart mom she is!  We have gone back every year since then and several years ago started inviting the whole family.  Many of the children will agree it is their favorite Christmas tradition.  We end it by snacking on yummy sweets and drinking hot chocolate and playing red rover, but I guess this year they played missionary tag.  Poor Brooklynn was really sick with a double ear infection and Nick was puking because of a migraine.  So I stayed home to care for the sick and Allie went with my mom.  Fingers crossed we will all be healthy for next year!

Brooklynn’s Firsts!

102

About the first or second week in December Brooklynn started sitting!  Such a big girl!  She is much happier now that she can sit and reach for things instead of just rolling around.  She started rolling about a month before she was sitting.  I realized after watching my cousin’s baby that I never let Brooklynn be on the ground.  She was always in a bouncer, on my bed, or in her exersaucer.  The first couple of days of me letting her be on the ground she was rolling!  Shocker I know :) !  I love this picture of her!  So sweet! 

Brookie Lynn!

102 - Copy 118 042 043 045

Allie Mae!

038 070

098 099 100

The pictures of the girls were just because…because I think they are pretty darn cute!

Party at Jaime’s!

245

224 225 229

237 238

We had our friend Christmas party the day after Christmas, so technically it doesn’t go under The days leading up to Christmas title.  Jaime’s sweet mom Craig gave Allie an antique tea set since Allie is always playing tea party with Craig.  Thanks Craig!  Allie loves it!

232 233

Brooklynn had fun playing on the ground with Jaime’s puppies!

236

3 comments:

Joy said...

I'm so glad for all the updates! Your family just keeps getting cuter!

I found out how to make your pictures impossible to save so other people cannot steal your pictures from your blog (I haven't done it yet on mine but I'm going to). If you want to know I can e-mail you the instructions, that way you don't have to go private :).

Christine said...

Cute pictures! Glad you guys had such a great Christmas!

Sarah... said...

SO...Mindy, wouldn't you say it's time for an update? HaHa! I miss your blog posts!!!