August 4, 2009

Quick...someone tell me I'm not a bad mother!










What's all that hair from you ask? Could it be that Nick trimmed his goatie? Could it be that I trimmed Allie's hair? (Well I did do that a couple of days ago, but that's not it.) I can't believe I did it, but...*tear* I shaved Brooklynn's head. I know, I can't believe I did it either! But something had to be done! I know that she's a girl and you should only shave boys' heads, but seriously it needed it.











Do you see what I mean?! It was bald in the front and the back was getting long and had a ton of hair. From the back you couldn't even tell she was losing hair! It had been driving me crazy and I didn't know what else to do. I kept thinking that when it did finally all grow in the different lengths would be really dramatic. So I did it...I shaved my poor baby girl's head. I was seriously almost in tears about it!










Allie was born with so much hair that I could put a clip bow it in when we left the hospital and it never fell out! Brooklynn had a full head of hair when she was born, but for some reason the hair has only fallen out on the front half of her head.












These are pictures of Allie in the hospital. Look at all that hair! And like I said, it never fell out!



BEFORE...






AFTER...
Oh I still can't believe
I did it!






She is still our adorable
baby girl...but now more
than ever I need to buy
hair bands!

5 comments:

Arnett's said...

OH MY GOSH! People keep telling me to do that to Ellee, but I cant bring myself to do it! You are awesome! It will grow back!

Sarah... said...

Aaww! You are not a bad mother! I can totally feel your pain. I cried buckets of tears when Jonny shaved Drews head. Yes, I know he was a boy...BIG difference! However, I know exactly how you must have felt doing it. Us moms are just so attached! It will grow back, and she is still a beauty. You have adorable little girls. :)

The Skousens said...

Oh I was seriously laughing out loud as I read this, I love your title of this post! You are not a bad mom at all...we gave Mattison a hair cut at like 3 months old because I couldn't stand how uneven it was either. Now once her hair gets longer it will be even! She's still adorable as ever!

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing with us its great thanks....
___________________
Susana
We do your Marketing for best sales

Melissa said...

So funny! This totally happened to my friend. (SHe blogged about it, too! She is linked on my blog under Mike and Alecia) Her baby was born in January and she shaved her head a few weeks after that. She had a really hard time making the decision, but now she's glad that she did. She said she felt so funny shaving her little girl's head!