August 4, 2009

Allie Mae

My posts lately have been all about Brooklynn, so I thought I'd post something about Allie. I love my Allie girl. She is my best friend and often tells me that very thing. She also tells me that I'm a "good, good sharer" (when I share something of mine with her) or that I'm a "good, good mommy". Those are the times when feel like I must be doing something right. Allie is such a sweet little girl. She has such a strong personality though! Where does she come up with some of the things she says?! She keeps us laughing. She always says her describing words twice. For example: "good, good mommy", "this is very, very special to me", "he is a grouchy, grouchy man", etc. She is so good with Brooklynn. She loves to run and get her a paci when she's crying. I have to remind her to not push it super hard into her mouth, but she is such a big helper. Here lately she's having trouble listening and following what I say, but I'm sure the poor girl is still adjusting to not being an only child. I am so grateful to have Allie in our family and can't imagine life without her. She was such a trooper while I was going to school. She sits at the computer now and says, "No mom, I can't do that right now. I'm just doing my homework!" Apparently I said that a lot to her. Poor baby. She is awesome at going on the potty, she loves to help me make dinner (and help me taste test :), which is normally fine, but tonight I turned around and she was licking a fork she had just rubbed around on the raw chicken...never a good thing...), she loves to help fold laundry (and is surprisingly good at it), color with markers and cut with her little scissors, take baths with Brooklynn, hug and kiss all over Brooklynn, watch movies, sing songs, read books, and dance to any kind of music. There are days we butt heads, but I'm pretty sure it's because we know how to push each other's buttons. But for the most part we are the best of friends. She can't decide quite what she wants to be when she grows up. The other day she said she was going to be a doctor-princess-nurse. She also claims she wants to drive a cement truck (every mother's dream for her little girl). She knows that she wants to work at the hospital though with mommy, and grammy Jean, and Rick (my mom's boyfriend). She loves driving by the hospital and saying, "Mommy, what do you see!" I need to be better about writing down our conversations because they are a crack up. The other day she told me "You are a good, good mommy!" and gave me a big hug. So I said, "Thanks, Al. And you're a good, good daughter." She gave me a dirty look and said, "No mom! I'm a girl! I'm a good, good Allie girl!" and then sighed. Silly me for thinking she was a daughter when really she is an Allie girl! Whenever we sit down at the table to eat, whether it's lunch or dinner, she will ask, "So mommy, how was at school?" or "So daddy, how was at work?" Then we have to ask her "So Allie, how was at (and ask various questions)" to which she will answer, "Good. Good, good." I'm glad that she gets that the dinner table is where we talk about each other's day...again, I must be doing something right. Right? We love our Allie Mae!


























4 comments:

The Skousens said...

Allie is such an adorable little girl! I can't believe how grown up she is...she has the cutest personality!!!

Michael and Jaime said...

K so your Allie post totally made me cry! I love her!!! Give her a huge hug and a kiss for me! And then I scrolled down to the picture of hair clusters in the sink and I nearly died laughing! Poor B! I totally think you did the right thing though! We girls have got to look out for each other and if one of us has a skullet you jump in and correct it for her! Love you Powell ladies!

kristi said...

How is it that our girls look so much alike? They don't look like any of their other cousins. Shaving Brooklyns hair made me laugh. We have got to get together. Maybe next week.

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing with us its great thanks....
___________________
Susana
We do your Marketing for best sales