February 1, 2008

I'm about all blogged out

Well, I think that I have you all pretty up to speed. Nick is still serving in the Young Men's Presidency and is over the Varsity Scouts. He really enjoys working with the boys. Work is about to start picking up so we are enjoying him being home as long as we can. I started my second semester of nursing school (only two more semesters after this). I am really enjoying it, but like I said before I am such a nerd about it. Every little thing we learn I have to call my mom and tell her how giddy I am about it. I thought I was going to burst when we learned how to start IVs and draw blood. It's the coolest feeling to actually be doing something that I've dreamed of since I was 5 years old. I'm going to be a nurse!! Nick has been so awesome to support me every step of the way. I will forever be grateful for his patience and for my family's help watching Allie and saving me tons of money and worry. Nick's sister Kristi takes her twice a week (even though she has a 7 month old and a 2 year old of her own), my aunt Emily takes her once a week (and is always willing to take her more if needed even though she has 4 kids of her own), and my grandma takes her once a week (and also is willing to take her whenever she can). My mom, aunt Wendy, and Nick's mom are also super helpful. I could not do what I'm doing if it weren't for an awesome husband and family, and of course a good baby to be happy wherever she is that day. Thank you all! It also helps that I have a really awesome group of girls that I go to school with. They keep me motivated to study and do well! My Primary Presidency calling is keeping me running but I am learning a lot about the boy scouts. My boss at work has been really awesome about letting me pick up shifts when I want or say no when I want so that has been helpful. Well, hours upon hours later I think I am all blogged out. Poor Allie has been so good this whole time, but it's time to play with her! Maybe I can post a little every now and then instead of waiting forever. If you've got a while you can sit and read the past 7 posts or so and be all caught up...thanks for reading!

Talking on the phone and sucking on her
paci all while riding on Thunder.

Just chillin' in her fridge.

She loves to walk around the house
holding my bags. She usually has her
arms straight up in the air and then gets
really mad when they get too tired and she
has to set them down. What a goofball!

5 comments:

Joy said...

I love all the updates Mindy, good job! Allie just gets cuter and cuter! Good luck with school this semester, I am sure you will do wonderful!

Arnett's said...

So cute. You are so busy. We need to go camping, but in the summer when it is impossible for your husband to take off work, but when the babies wont freeze their butts off.

Nicole said...

I love that you have a blog now! Allie is getting so big!!! Anyway, It's great to read about what's going on in you life!!!

Natalie said...

Mindy, I seriously have been laughing all day about the tennis ball story. Ahhh...good times!

Arnett's said...

ITS BEEN A MONTH AND A HALF! TIME FOR A NEW POST ALREADY!!