February 1, 2008

Catch up #6 Davis Rodeo

My uncle started a new tradition a couple years ago. He takes all of his horses and we go to one of his friend's house that has an arena. The adults have barrell races and the kids like to have the adults lead their horse all around. Allie absolutely loved it! She was not afraid at all and everytime her turn was over she would smile and say "More, more" while signing it. Well, of course that melted Daddy's heart so he would take her around again, and again, and again. We finally got her off and she slept on Aunt Emily's lap. Nick and I raced and had a blast. I had never been on a horse when it was at an all out sprint. Let's just say that the first time my horse sprinted to the finish line everyone said they had never seen anyone's eyes so big. I was so afaid to get off the horse and see that I had wet myself. No worries, I was dry! After that I made sure to sprint to the end just to get that adrenaline rush again.


Daddy was so proud that Allie could
stay on by herself.


Uncle Kent was pretty proud, too.


I think Allie might want a horse
as bad as her dad.


My grandpa impressed all of us with his
barrell racing skills. My mom calls him
"the last of the tough guys". He always jumped
off his horse right before it was about to stop instead
of waiting for it to stop completely like the rest of us.
It made me laugh to see this 71 year old jumping
on and off the horse like it was no big deal. He probably
got on and off faster than anyone else. He really is the
last of the tough guys.


My mom and I would always joke that
I would marry a cowboy. Nick grew up
around horses and absolutely loves them.
I guess we weren't too far off afterall.

1 comment:

Arnett's said...

That looks like so much fun!