February 1, 2008

Catch up #5 Hackberry Hike

My family used to always hike Hackberry Springs at least once a year, but for one reason or another we hadn't been in over 2 years. Brittany rounded up some of us and we went for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. About 10 minutes before we were to walk out the door I noticed Allie was being quiet on my bed...anyone with a child knows that that is usually when you worry. I looked over at her and she had lip stick all over her and all over our sheets. I never understood why moms would leave their lipstick where their children could reach it. No wonder they played with it. When will I learn to quit saying, "My child will never..."?? I didn't even know I had that tube of lipstick. I don't wear lipstick! It took a while to get it cleaned up and her clothes changed. Anyways, it was Allie and I, my cousin Brittany and her husband Eric, my cousin Erin and her husband Steven, my cousin Lynsey, my uncle Kent, and my grandma and grandpa. My great-grandpa usually goes, but he decided his 94 year old body was too tired to go this time, maybe next time. I brought one of those things to hook the baby up to your back. Allie was almost too heavy for it, and actually the side buckles wouldn't go around her little diaper bum, but it worked. She fell asleep on my back like 10 minutes into the hike and slept for about an hour. Her head kept flopping back, so my uncle tied a sweatshirt around me to hold her head against my back. We had a blast!

Oops!

She was out cold. I kept having
people check to make sure she was
breathing.

Cute little Grandpa and Grandma

My uncle said, "Aww, Mindy, I guess you aren't
going to be able to climb up the cliff this year"
(Since Allie was on my back). Wanna bet? Thanks
for the motivation uncle Kent! If you look closely you
can see Allie's little head between us. Half way up I heard
my grandma yell, "Mindy Michele, what do you think you are doing?!"
Oops, I was hoping she wouldn't see until we reached the top.
Allie didn't wake up until I was all the way up. She was a little
confused to say the least.

1 comment:

Arnett's said...

Oh my gosh. You are nuts!! Allie looks so little in the pictures!!