November 6, 2008

HAPPY HALLOWEEN

This Halloween Allie dressed up as, who else, but Cinderella! She has progressed from calling her "Lella" to "Dinawella". She was cracking Nick and I up while I was putting makeup on her. She loves putting it on with me in the bathroom, but usually I am telling her "no". I think she was way excited for me to actually be putting it on her! I told Nick that it was ok to use a TON of hairspray and put makeup on a 2 year old on Halloween :) Allie was dolled up with blush, lipstick, eye shadow, and glitter. Maybe a bit much I guess, but she loved it. Allie's first house was Nick's parents so they could see her costume and then we went to Mesa to trick-or-treat with my cousins. Allie had a blast. At first she had Nick push her in her stroller from house to house, but she finally got tired of that and walked. She wore her Cinderella high heel dress-up shoes for quite a while and then got tired of clunking them around and put on her frilly and comfy princess slippers. My cousins and Nick took turns taking her to the doors. At one door a rather large man answered and Allie just stared, pointed at him, and said, "Who's that?!" My cousin quickly said, "trick-or-treat" and pulled Allie away from the door. Thanks Samantha for being such a good sport! At one house there is a family that my mom's family has known for years and years and I think has the best Halloween idea! The dad decorates the house with pumpkins and lights and has fog machines running and strobe lights. You would think it was just like any other house. He has one lone Jack-O-Lantern sitting on a wall as you walk up to the door. Now, the man stands in the culda-sac right in front of his house and talks to the parents while the kids go up to the house. He gets the kids names from the parents and then as the kids walk by he talks into a microphone that has a speaker in the Jack-O-Lantern. The kids are shocked that the pumpkin knows their name!! When Allie walked by it said, "Thank you for coming trick-or-treaing at my house Allie. You are getting so big! I hope you come and see me next year too!" Allie is still talking about it! She keeps saying, "Mommy, a pumpkin know my name!" The younger cousins still don't know how it works so they look forward to the talking pumpkin every year. Nick said that we are definitely doing that at our house someday. I agree...it totally makes the kids Halloween...and if you're my cousins they talk about it all year! Allie has been sick the last two Halloweens so we were happy to finally take her trick-or-treating for the first time! (Here are your pictures finally Mom!)


A little blush to
get those rosey
Cinderella
cheeks...




and a little lipstick
to get those
Cinderella lips...


and you have one
proud little
Cinderella girl.
We bought the
blue eye shadow
and glitter on the
way to Mesa. Maybe
I went a little
overboard??
This Cinderella's
pumpkin turned
into an FJ! She
looks just as
suprised as
Cinderella did with
her carriage!
Her new way to
comfort herself
is to play with her
top lip or stroke
her ear lobes. We
can always tell
when she is shy,
nervous or tired.

Her first house
was Grandma
and Grandpa
Powells!


Is there someone
behind that door?




Thanks for the
candy Sasu!


Our trick-or-
treaters! They
all looked so good!
Our two beauty
pageant girls didn't
get candy but helped
a lot with the kids.

What a good daddy!
Her FJ was down
graded to this...
we're still working on
how to use the pedal
in that high rolling FJ.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Allie is so pretty. I would put makeup on Bekah if she was a princess at that age. So, I think your fine. Looks like it was a lot of fun. Where was your costume?:)