August 11, 2008

Wedding Part Two

Well, I did it again, I'm posting out of order. Oh well, read the one below this first and then read this one to understand. Saturday we spent the day at my dad's parents house in Cordes Junction. A way little town about 30 minutes south of Prescott. I was reminded that I don't like small towns. #1: They are super dark at night. #2: At night the only thing I can think of is some crazed lunatic sweeping through the town and killing everyone. No one would find out for days because small town people keep to themselves. (Have I heard of too many scary movies??) #3: I always feel like I need to take a shower. #4: There are always children running around dirty. Haha, that one sounds really petty. I love the idea of my kids playing with the neighbor kids outside in the country, but the fact is, them being dirty all the time would drive me insane. Appparently I need to loosen up. #5: I always think of the houses in small towns being really tiny, cluttered, and only half finished. This too would drive me insane. Now I know that not every small town is like this, and not every house in a small town is like this, but for some reason when I think of small towns these are the things that come to mind! Even though I never thought I was a "city girl", holy cow I am totally a city girl. Poor Nick, he loves small towns, so as you can guess this creates quite the dilemma. Luckily, he doesn't want to raise our kids in a small town, so maybe when we retire I will feel better about the whole small town thing. Back to being with family! We got to hang out and talk for the day while the kids played. It was weird seeing Allie play with my younger siblings! She absolutely loved them! We also got to get pictures of all of us kids minus the youngest one, Sammy. I'm really glad it worked out for us to go this weekend.



Our happy travelers!
Ben, Allie, and Chris



Allie had never seen
a real cat before
(weird I know), so she
was amazed by the
two cats there.


Miranda and Allie.
They got along
really well. Allie
followed her around
a lot.


She finally let my
dad hold her! He'd
been wanting a
picture with her
since Friday, but
she kept being a
punk. I'm glad this
one turned out.

My siblings:
Levi - 7
Miranda - 10
Sierra - 12
Sammy (not there),
but he's 2.



My dad said he
couldn't have it
any better: 3 boys
and 3 girls.

Levi and Chris kept
begging my dad's
dad to take them for
a ride in the jeep. It
belongs to one of my
uncle's who passed
away and Chris has
been obsessed with it
for years. Levi kept
saying: "Grandpa, my brother and I are just lookin'
over that jeep and are really wanting a ride in it."
They finally got their ride and I'm sure both of them
will talk about it for years. I think it's so cute how proud
they are to call us brother and sister. I'm still getting
used to it I think :)









I like this picture because, like Nick said, it is my dad in his element. He's been changing tires his whole life and said he can probably do it in his sleep. I think it's fun seeing someone do something they are good at.

4 comments:

Natalie said...

Mindy, let me just say again that you look great! The Hairspray/Breaking dawn party looked like so much fun. I loved the book and I am gald Meyers will be writting more about the characters! The wedding looked fun too. Cute shoes. I don't think I ever realized you had other brothers and sisters.

Lindsay said...

I agree with Natalie, I didn't know you had other siblings. I am glad you had the opportunity to visit with them and reconnect. Looks like you guys had a good time. Sounds like I need to read this new book you keep talking about.

The Skousens said...

Lol, I feel the same way about small towns...when we went on our vacation, we drove through quite a few and I kept saying the same things. It looks like you all had a good time together...that's fun that Allie got to spend time with your siblings!

Joy said...

I never thought about you having other siblings, and I don't think I've ever seen a picture of your dad! It sounds like you had a nice time with your family. I completely agree with you on the small town thing, and Aaron is like Nick, so hopefully we'll be able to work it out if we ever move somewhere else :).