August 11, 2008

Hairspray and Breaking Dawn Party!

I'm a little behind on my blogging! Two Fridays ago my friends and I had a Hairspray/Breaking Dawn party! We watched the new Hairspray movie (well kinda, we mostly talked and ate) at Jaime's house. She had headbands and cans of hairspray for each of us...along with twinkies, suckers, and chocolate. We had a blast taking pictures and dancing, and Jaime showed us all how to truely "rat pack" our hair. (My hair has never had so much volume. She has a gift.) After the movie we went to Barnes and Noble to get our reserved copy of Breaking Dawn! (No we are not crazy insane fans, but it was a really fun excuse for a sleepover! Another plus: since my birthday is the beginning of Sep. I told my mom she could give me money for the book and that could be an early birthday present, so I didn't even have to pay for it!) Luckily Jaime's friends were standing in line for us so really we didn't wait long at all. We got there about 10:30 and were in the store by 11. We browsed the nursing section and people watched. Ok, I thought I was obsessed...not even close. There were people dressed up like vampires and other characters in the book, people with fang marks on their neck, people in prom dresses with fancy updos...holy cow. I couldn't believe how many people were there either! Barnes and Noble did an awesome job with crowd control, so when our numbers were called it wasn't crazy at all. We got out of there around 1 and planned on going back to Jaime's to read. Instead we ended up talking until 5 and decided maybe we'd better sleep for an hour or so. It was totally a high school sleepover. We talked about "past loves", jerk boyfriends, and embarrassing stories. Nick was changing out my grandparents A/C on Saturday, so I didn't get very much sleep that day...but it was worth it! I haven't had a sleepover in years! Thanks for being such an awesome husband, Nick!! (I was telling my friends some story about Nick the other day and Jaime made the comment that Nick was an Edward because he would do anything to make me happy. I told Nick and even though he knew it was quite the compliment, I don't think he'll ever know big of a compliment it actually was...) What's really sad about this whole Edward thing, is that he's not even real!! It's not like he's some hot celebrity that maybe someday somehow someone will have a chance with him...he doesn't exist! And yet...somehow...it doesn't matter :) . I still think he's amazing. I absolutely loved the 4th book and even though right at first I wasn't depressed like I was after the other ones it only took a couple of days for it to sink in. I'm sad the series is over, but it sounds like Stephenie is not done with the characters yet! I'm amazed at how her writing made millions of people fall in love with fictional characters. There's definitely a difference between a good writer and a brilliant one. My vote is that Stephenie Meyer is brilliant.




Party favors!






HAIRSPRAY!



We had way too
much fun taking
this picture!
Do you remember
lining up like this
in elementary
school and doing
each other's hair?!

Jess and I waiting
for our number
to be called!
They were handing
our these stickers
at the door.

1 comment:

The Skousens said...

How fun...my sisters probably wish that they were with you...we had to go and get the book the following day on our vacation! I still need to read the books. You're seriously so lucky to have a group of girls to do such fun things with...looks like your girls always have so much fun together!!!