October 17, 2008

Happy Birthday to Allie!

Allie turned 2 yesterday!! I can't believe what a big girl she is and how fast the time has flown by! Nick and I are so grateful to have her in our little family. She is always doing something to make us laugh. She brings so much joy to us. Sometimes I wonder how we got so lucky to have such a perfect little girl bless our home.

Favorite songs: ABCs, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, I See the Moon, Book of Mormon Stories,
I Love to See the Temple, I Am a Child of God (I'm going to have to get some of these on video and post it. She is so dang cute singing them!)
Favorite things to eat: (She's not the best eater right now) macoroni and cheese, ham and cheese sandwiches, popcorn, kool-aid (she's obsessed so we have to dilute it), Ritz crackers, Fish crackers
Favorite things to say: "Mommy, I do it!", "Watch this!", (She says this one in a really sad voice) "Oh no. I can't do it! I too tiny.", I can't think of anymore right now...
Favorite movies: Cinderella, The Little Mermaid, Toy Story 1 & 2, Lady and the Tramp, Joy to the World (church movie)
She is always either talking or singing all the time. She is such a smart little girl and talks so well that sometimes I forget how little she is and I will get upset at her for doing something. I have to stop and remind myself that she is only 2. We might be entering into the terrible 2s because she can really cop attitude sometimes...let's hope they aren't too terrible. We're on and off with the potty training. Since she is at a different house almost everyday it is kinda hard, so I'm shooting for Christmas break to get her potty trained! When she's at home she goes on her big girl potty almost everytime. She loves nursery and gets mad when we can't take her sooner! She loves to read books and play with our dog, Kasey. We have so much fun with her!
Allie woke up on her birthday to find a big gift bag in the middle of her room. My mom always did this for our birthdays and it is a tradition I was excited to start with my own kids. It was always fun waking up with a present awaiting you! Allie got a stuffed horse she had loved on at Sheplers the other day. We asked her what she was going to name it and she said, "Umm, Lightning!" We laughed because her big horse that she rides on is named Thunder. What a cute little girl she is!! Nick left for work and Allie helped me make Mickey Mouse pancakes. I had school so she got to play with her cousin Parker and Aunt Wendy. Thanks Wendy! Then last night we went to Schnepf Farms for the Chili and Pumpkin Festival. We spent way too much money (warning to anyone that is planning on going: a lot of the things inside you have to pay extra for), but had a really good time. We rode the train, Allie got a pumpkin painted on her face and rode on a pony, we ate at the Farm Fresh Restaurant, Allie picked a pumpkin from the pumpkin patch to take home, we ate kettle corn popcorn, and we watched fireworks. There were so many things to do! Allie has been asking to ride on a train for the past few months and we haven't been able to coordinate our schedules with a train schedule so she was really excited to finally ride a train. Everytime we paid for something we said, "Well it is Allie's birthday...". At one point I looked at Nick and said, "You know, you don't turn 2 every year," to which he smiled at me and said, "You mean, you only turn 2 once?" Right, that's what I was trying to say. Thanks honey. We had fun spending the evening with the three of us! Our camera died halfway through the night, but here are a few.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALLIE MAE! MOMMY AND DADDY LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!


I guess this is her
I'm-still-tired-
"cheese"- face.
Stinker.




This picture makes
me laugh because
it doesn't even
look like her. Her
face doesn't look
that chubby usually.
But it's still cute.

I'm mad this one
is blurry, but I
love the look on
Allie's face. She
was so excited to
get going on the
train!!
She cracks me up
in this one! We
were at the
restaurant and she
was making goofy
faces.
I'm really wanting
a new camera!
If you make this one
bigger you can see
how cheesy her face
looks. Apparently
she is gracing us with
her presence...love the
wave!

8 comments:

Joy said...

I can't believe she's 2 years old already! AH! It looks like you had a fun day celebrating, she is almost all grown up :).

Sara said...

She is SO smart, and cute, and funny and only 2!! You are such a great mom. Can you teach me?!

Lindsay said...

AH! Happy Birthday Allie. Time flies. I remember when we were at her baby blessing, it didn't seem that long ago. Looks like it was a great time.

Nicole said...

I can't believe Allie is already !!! Time is going by way too fast!!! She's such a cutie!

The Riding Family said...

Happy Birthday Allie! She looks more and more like you every day. By the way, you look gorgeous in that picture of you and Allie sitting on the hay!

Sarah... said...

Happy Birthday, Allie! Wow, they grow up SO fast! These pictures are too cute. What a fun birthday! She looks just like her mommy. You're such a beautiful mommy too!

Melissa said...

Happy belated birthday, Allie! She is so cute and sounds HILARIOUS. Mindy, you're a hot mama, too. Guess what Tate started doing?? He started "posturing" with his fingers. He crosses his fingers and then leaves them like that for a while. Uh Oh! I'm all nervous now. OK, not too nervous, but weird that he just started doing that after we talked about it. By the way, thanks so much for your bday email and also for taking the time to tour the hospital with us. I like that I've been there now, and know the layout and everything. Now I'll just have to plan to have my baby the night you are externing!

Cami said...

haha...ok, her eating habits are JUST like MaeLees...that is funny. They are only a couple months apart. Mae will be 2 in Feb!Too bad we don't live a little closer..they could be friends : )