November 23, 2009

Allie’s 3rd Birthday

This posts are out of order…I know.  But at least I’m finally blogging, right? 188

Allie turned 3 this year on the 16th of October!!  Where did the time go?  I can’t believe that I have a 3 year old! 

304

We love Allison so much.  She brings such a fun personality to our family.  She loves to sing, dance, play with Brooklynn, let Brooklynn suck on her toes “because it tickles Mom!” (obviously she does this when I’m not looking and I tell her to stop when I catch her), color with markers and cut with scissors, wear only her underwear (this drives me bonkers, but the minute we walk in the door she is stripping and taking her hair ties out, argh!) and play with stuffed animals and dolls.  We often hear her playing with her dolls and animals and it is a crack up to hear the things she has them say to each other. 

187

She is such a smart little girl and we are learning quickly that we have to be careful with what we say around her.  The other day the curtain rod fell down.  I was frustrated because I had flowers drying on it and clothes too.  I let, “Oh crap!” slip out when it fell.  Two days later when I was finally putting it back up (don’t be hatin’ we’re busy around here :) )  Allie said, “Mom, I saw this fall down and I said Awww, crap!”  Oops, let’s not say that Allie. 

Allie2

Allie likes eating mac n’ cheese, quesadillas, spaghetti, apples, corn, peas, green beans, pop tarts, fruit snacks, granola bars, marshmallows, and absolutely loves sour cream and salad (not together though).  Allie always talks about how excited she is to start pre-school.  She really keeps us laughing with how dramatic she is about everything. 

IMG_3391

The other day on the TV there was a commercial for an iPhone.  Allie watched the whole commercial and then whipped around to look at us and with her hands clasped together she begged, “Please, please will you buy me an iPhone Mom and Dad?  Please!”  She loves playing with my mom’s and Rick’s.  She, all by herself mind you, can turn it on, put in the security pin (so much for security, my mom showed her the code once and a week later she was punching it in herself), play games, take pictures, listen to music, and occasionally we have to stop her from buying things online. 

IMG_2009

The other day she was getting some ice out of the ice machine on the freezer and some spilled on to the floor.  She walked by the table where Nick and I were sitting and said with her hand in the air, palm facing us, “My bad Mom.” Then gave a totally fake breathy laugh and said, “I’m sorry Mom, that was my bad.”  She is quite the drama queen and it cracks us up.  We could not imagine life without our little Allie girl. 

046

This morning she ran up to me and gave me a hug.  As she was squeezing me she said, “I love you Mom!  You are my best, best friend!”  Please oh please let her remember that when she’s older!  She makes us laugh whenever she wants to watch Alvin and the Chipmunks because she calls it Alvin and the Chick Punks.  Too cute to correct.  She loves to quote movies and her favorite line to quote with me is from Fox and the Hound.  She has me say, “You’re my best friend Copper!” And she says, “And you’re mine too Todd.”  Then I follow with, “And we’ll always be friends forever, right?”  She ends with, “Yeah.  Forever.”  Allie Mae I really hope we are best friends forever.  You can always bring a smile to my face.   

116

As I type she is begging me to let her pour salt into her hand.  She assures me, “I am not going to eat it Mom!”  And when I ask why she wants to put it in her hand she replies, “So I can hold it and rock it to sleep Mom!”  She tells me this while cupping her hands together and rocking them back and forth. 

578

We love you Allie Mae!  Thank you for being our little girl and such a good big sister to Brooklynn.  We are so blessed to have your strong spirit in our family!

187

lllllllllmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

(Allie’s contribution to this post)

2 comments:

Joy said...

I'm glad you updated! I can't believe she's 3 already, man you're old (haha). Sounds like you guys have been really busy! Congrats on the new job, you will be amazing there!

Lindsay said...

That was quite the update. I loved all the pictures. You have the cutest girls. Have you started your new job? How is it going? Have a Happy Thanksgiving.