November 23, 2009

Allie’s 3rd Birthday Party

Ok, you’ll scroll down and really see that these are out of order.  Oh well.  I blog on!

569

Allie’s birthday lasted a couple of days this year.  On her actual birthday we made the crown seen above…

563  made a breakfast of bacon and mickey mouse pancakes…

562  braided her hair, per her request because she wanted braids like Princess Fiona from Shrek…  (Now I know it’s not exactly her hair style…but we had to work braids in somehow and this is what I came up with), and watched Elf.  That is what Allie wanted to do, so that’s what we did!

Her birthday was on a Thursday, but we had her birthday bash on Saturday.  That meant I stayed up super late…like 4am late…frosting cakes Friday night.  I am quite the procrastinator and can’t start things until the last minute.  So I started baking cakes and cupcakes at 10pm.  Allie wanted so badly to stay and be a part of it all, but she was exhausted so I pulled out her princess couch and she watched for a while before falling asleep.

582 583

597

Last year Allie had a Cinderella cake with gluten-free pumpkin carriages made out of cupcakes.  This year she had Ariel with a gluten-free ocean :)  I L-O-V-E the star tip!!  It makes for a really easy yet good looking cake.

595 596

We all ate way more of the blue frosting than we should have, as you can see by the blue tongues.  Brookie didn’t get any frosting this year though :)

604

I also had this Bundt cake available for anyone that didn’t want blue or red teeth.

616

This face cracks me up.  It’s like she is mesmerized by the cake…or is it the fire?

617 618

613

We had quite the turn out!  Thanks family and friends for celebrating our Allie Mae with us. 

1 comment:

Mindy said...

I can't believe how grown up she is! It seems like we were just barely out taking pictures of her toddling around... Hope you and your family are having a wonderful holiday season!