January 17, 2009

One my favorite smells...

is waking up to bacon, eggs, and chopped potatoes sizzling on the grittle and piping hot waffles in the waffle maker. That is what I woke up to this morning. Mmmmm. I know I should be on here updating the past couple of weeks, but I'm going to brag about my husband instead. I worked Thursday night and didn't get to sleep yesterday during the day really since I was home with Allie. Meaning? I was exhausted going to bed last night and then Allie didn't sleep well, which means I didn't sleep well. I woke up at 10 this morning smelling those wonderful smells. Allie was on the couch watching a movie and Nick was hard at work cooking away. He said he didn't need any help and for me to go relax. What a guy. Truly I am not worthy of him.
Oh and P.S.: he brought me home a dozen roses the other day...just because. He knows I love it when he does that. Thanks sweetie I love you!!

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Cute. I love surprises like that from Brian as well. We are so blessed to be married to amazing men.

Joy said...

What a great husband you have! Waking up to breakfast is the BEST!

Cami said...

yep..what would we do without our hubbys? sometimes they just hit it right oN!

Natalie said...

That is so sweet! Nick is a great guy. We all knew he would have to be since he married an amazing girl who deserves the best! I hope you get more sleep this week.

Sara said...

I love it!! You know Anthony and Nick are so much alike. Thats awesome!

The Riding Family said...

How fun! I cannot even remember the last time I got to sleep in until 10...I don't even know if I could do it (of course I could if I had worked a shirt throughout the night and not slept at all the next day).

Melissa said...

Sounds like you have a keeper! I hope you caught up on your sleep! I'm sad I missed you when I delivered. It happened so fast, I was barely there 24 hrs. I had a great experience at Gateway, and I actually saw your mom when I was being discharged.

The Skousens said...

So I thought that I commented this post, but then I saw that I hadn't...oops! What a sweet husband you have!!! I hope that you are feeling well...you're almost half-way there!!! I miss you!!!